4 cups of washed and chopped kale
3 slices of bacon chopped
2 tbls minced garlic
2 tbls olive oil
1/2 jalapeño seeds removed and minced
Fresh squeezed juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Cook chopped bacon in cast iron frying pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, pat scallops dry with paper towel. Try to get all excess water out of them. Once dry season with salt and pepper.
- Once bacon is crisp remove from heat and lay on paper towel to absorb grease.
- Turn up the heat to med high to get that bacon fat really hot
- Cook scallops in the hot bacon fat about 2 1/2 -3 minutes per side
- In a separate frying pan heat olive oil
- Sautéed minced garlic and jalapeño until garlic starts to brown
- Add kale and lemon juice to oil mix, and sautéed for 1 minute
- Remove kale from pan to plate. Top with crumbled bacon and scallops
*I used harbour scallops which are huge so I only used 5, three for my husband and 2 for me. I didn’t give a quantity of scallops because it’s all up to you’re preference and how many you’re family/guest will eat.